Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Little Monkey Business




I thought we were finally going to get some rain today, but I guess I was wrong. We sure do need it.

I belong to a group on the Internet, and one of the ladies on it, said that her 2 1/2 year old, broke his leg. So he is not to be running around on his cast yet, so the ladies decided that we should send him some cards. I made one yesterday, so I thought that I would show it to you. You can tell that I love to color, but it takes so much time! I wish I could be like others, that can slap a great looking card together in 15 minutes. Maybe someday I can just stamp, without coloring.

The card is on TAC cardstock, the dark yellow, almost gold, and then a layer of brown, and then an ivory layer. Is that enough layering, Denise???? ha ha

The monkey is from TAC, the wording is from Stampin' Up...just gotta give everyone some credit :-)

A friend gave me the little flowers, and I just drew in the stem, freehand. Can you believe that?? Me and freehand in the same sentence??? I can't either.

The background is sponged on with Bliss Blue on the top part of the card, and then it goes into Forest Foliage at the bottom, but you can't tell that from this picture. It looks better IRL.

I'm planning on going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, as they have stamping stuff on sale at 50% off. How can anyone say no to that???

Hugs to one and all~

1 comment:

  1. Awww...what a cute card! The little guy will enjoy it! You're very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site, and leaving a comment.