Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card

I made this anniversary card for a dear friend of mine. I got the idea from http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/2009-04-23-quad-fold-card-sample-tutorial/ but mine is less fancy! I got a Scor-Pal about a month ago, and hadn't used it much, so I decided to take on this Tri-Shutter card. Now I REALLY love my Scor-Pal, because that made this card way easy to do. Because this is the first time I made this card, I think it came out all right.


The lady who did the card in the above URL, also did this one http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/2009/05/26/2009-05-26-5-5-x-11-finished-tri-shutter-sample/ and that is soooo good.


Anyways, back to mine. It is done with TAC paper, some stickles, some ribbon and my scalloped oval nesties. I used the Sands of Time Collections paper, and used the butterfly from the Flutterby stamp for the front which is put on with a dimensional, and I used a little heart from the April monthly special stamps, but I don't remember the name of the set. Old age is setting in!! And a few eyelets and that's it.
The first picture is of the card, when you take it out of the envelope.


The second picture is when you have it fully opened.


The last picture, I put the card on its side so that you could see the folds, just in case you were thinking about making this card.


This card ends up fitting in a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" envie if you can believe that. But it is a bit thick, so plan on adding some extra postage if you are mailing it.
Hugs~
Connie

1 comment:

  1. I love how you do this!! I need to try it, but I get scare with this stuff, I will try my best now that I have no computer time, lol!

    TFS!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site, and leaving a comment.