Thursday, May 28, 2009

Male Thank You card


So I want to send a note of thanks to the guy who worked on my computer. To me, he's still a boy, as I've known him for years, and if I accept that he is a man, then I have to accept the fact that I am getting old!!! But he's married, and they have their own house, so I should start facing the fact that I am starting to age, but I'll put "starting to age" on my list of things to do tomorrow, which never gets done anyways :-)

So, here is the card that I am sending out to him. The base card is TAC's Kraft cardstock. I took a leftover piece of blue cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot, texturizing the card (I hope you can see the creases). I then found a piece of black paper laying around and used my Fiskars scalloped border punch on it. I glued that to the blue paper, and then I put 2 brads on that I thought looked masculine-one looks like a phillips screw and the other is straight. I glued that piece onto the base. I then took a piece of TAC's "Sands of Time Collection" which I made a square, 3" x 3" and the used my Fiskars punch again to get that cute little design. Then with an oval nestie, I used the same blue cardstock, ran it through the Big Shot, added the Thank You stamped in black and then clear embossed it and set it with my heat gun. I loved using so many of my small scrap pieces up.


What do you think??? Add a comment, as I'd love to hear from you. I've only been making cards for a year now, but I see a lot of improvement since I started. I also have more "stuff" as you can never have too much stuff when you're stamping!!

Hugs all around~

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card Connie!! I love how you add so many tools, elements and techniques! You rock!!

    I know how the years pass by and I haven't notice them (well I don't want to recognize it, lol) but I know that time just gives you maturity and wisdom, enjoy them!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site, and leaving a comment.