Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's been a while...

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been a little busy. I am posting this Halloween card, before my grandson even gets it. He turns 2 years old on the 25th so I better start thinking about making that card. Do you want to see this cutey? His mom posts pictures of him on her website. The last picture shows him wearing a green pail on his head. I got him that for playing in his sandbox, but he has decided that it should be a hat instead. He's so darn cute with it on, and he knows it. Check it out.
I made this card, that is suppose to look like an acorn. The Angel Company lets anyone download the template, so if you're interested go HERE, and then click on the words "Acorn Template." My newest adventure has been trying digi stamps for sentiments, as I have a hard time getting sentiments to stamp correctly, because of the loss of strength in my hands caused by my MS. So they show up great on one side, and really light on the other :-). I found this digi-stamp the other day, as a freebie, and I thought it was cute, so I downloaded it. I made the stamp large enough to fit nicely on the acorn. I colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. The strip on the top is from the Mimi collection. It's a green design, but I sponged it with orange ink and I like the looks of it. I picked up some 3-D foam stamps at Joann's the other day, so the glittery leaf, yes it is a leaf, is in the upper left of the brown cardstock. It looks a lot better IRL. I happened to have some eyelets that I want to get used up, so I used my Crop-a-dile to put them on with. The orange one is a pumpkin, and the white ones are ghosts. Now, onto my new news. Right now, sitting in my living room, in the unopened box, are my new Copic Ciaos. The Angel Company is currently carrying them until the end of the year. I have been reading and reading about how to use them, and I'm hoping that they will really improve the looks of my coloring. I can even use my Prismacolor's with the Copics. Every link in this blog, goes to my upline's website where you can order directly from there...but tell her I sent ya! Or, you can let me know by email if you want or need anything. After doing this post tonight, and linking most of the things I used to make this card, the dollar signs are flashing in my head as now I know why I am broke all the time :-) However, it has taken me a long time to get all these things. The Copics, I only ordered the first set, as there are 4 to choose from, are my Christmas present to myself, and no, I'm not waiting until Christmas to open them. They will be getting used later tonight :-) Just remember, the Copics are only promised to us until the end of the year, so if you want to get them, now is the time. I love this time of the year, when you look outside and see all the beautiful colors of the leaves and gourds and all that Mother Nature gives us. Take time to enjoy the view!
Hugs to all~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site, and leaving a comment.