Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time Goes By So Quickly

I've got cards done, but just haven't found the time to update my blog. My grandson's birthday party is this Saturday. He turns 2 on Sunday. The time sure does fly by,when you're the Grandma.
Remember when I said I had a bunch of Thank You cards to make? Well, a few people got one that looked like this. This is so easy to do. The craft paper in the back is just one piece, measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I took a piece of ivory cardstock
and folded it in half, so that it was 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I put my cardstock on the top note die, making sure that the top of the cardstock was about 1/4" down from the top of the die. That way, when you run it through the big shot, you come out with 2 top note dies that are hinged together. So actually, you flip the top note open to see the sentiment inside. The kraft cardstock is just for looks. I took my fancy scissors to the edge of the kraft paper, so it didn't look so blah. I then stamped versamark on the stamp, and then into the water based ink I wanted, and stamped the card. I then put embossing powder on top, gave it some heat, and did that for the rest of the stamps. Then when everything is embossed, I took some blue ink, and sponged it over the whole thing. And then I wiped the ink off of the embossed images. Easy Peasy.

Update on my Copics...I need to watch some more videos on you-tube! :-)
Hugs~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my site, and leaving a comment.